WHAT, WHERE, WHEN?....Project Phases, Venues and Schedules
The main focus of the McGee! Project is a docu-drama video about Thomas D’Arcy McGee, an Irish-born Father of Confederation who was assassinated in Ottawa, Canada on April 7, 1868. The Project also includes a website, a Compact Disc (CD) of original music, exhibitions of digital images and posters, and school teaching guides. The video can be shown on large screens in schools, universities, festivals, residences, and on personal computers and Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) using the Internet.
The development of the McGee! Project is in three Phases consisting of concept testing, demonstration video, and commercial video.
Phase 1 – Concept Testing (Completed)
McGee! Theatre Drama. A one act, one man play featuring McGee’s musings, speeches, letters and poetry.
- Performed at Comhaltas Ceoiltoiri Eireann, North American Convention, Ottawa, Canada,
- March 31, 2005.
Phase 2 – Demonstration Video (Work in Progress)
McGee! Website :www.mcgeeproject.com
- Launched Ottawa, Ontario
- May 9, 2010.
McGee! Script Development, Rehearsals, Shooting and Editing Demonstration DVD
- Completed Ottawa, Ontario
- February, March, April, 2010
Demonstration Video Screenings:
- Presented at the Canadian Association of Irish Studies, Annual Conference, St. Mary’s University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- May 21, 2010
- Presented at 27th Canada’s Irish Festival, NB Community College, Miramichi, New Brunswick
- July 16, 17, 2010
- Presented at Concordia University, School of Canadian Irish Studies, Montreal, Quebec
- February 16 2011
Phase 3 – Professional Videos, (Planned)
- McGee! Commercial Videos, Screenings, Interactive Audiences Performances, Internet downloadings
- McGee! Exhibition of historical posters and memorabilia
© 2010 McGee! Project